This Outdoor Adventure Leadership Internship experience with our not-for-profit Fundación Geoversity gets you involved in our day-to-day with our GeoSchool’s Life Changer Programs.
Support conservation and communities while our multicultural staff of certified wilderness guides help you complete your internship credit components as you reconnect with nature like nowhere else in the world.
This internship is for independent persons on a leadership path seeking professional, supervised outdoor guiding and program development experiences. It has flexible start times throughout the year and allows you to easily fulfill the 40 backcountry or 250 contact hours that most colleges require for certification.
Your Learning Experience:
Geoversity offers diverse Biocultural activities for its guests visiting from all over the world―a touch of adventure with your learning experience always makes it more memorable!
Here are just some examples of the activities you might find yourself getting involved with during your internship:
- Learn about medicinal plants from indigenous cultures and share this knowledge with others in programs you help create
- Coordinate expeditions through diverse and unique terrains
- Help guide rafting trips through pristine environments
- Contribute to Geoversity’s ongoing GIS mapping and trail network initiatives for the Mamoní Valley Preserve and indigenous territories
- Be a role-model while leading student group activities you designed
- Support community programs while competently and perceptively navigating the challenges and opportunities of a globalized world in a way that promotes the greater good
- Shadow researchers to learn about the diverse ecosystems our world has to offer and apply this naturalist knowledge to create interactive guides
- Join our team to plan, coordinate, and guide expeditions that will take you on a once-in-a-lifetime experience going from the Pacific to the Caribbean–ocean to ocean!
At Geoversity our entire team fosters learning and knowledge transfer. Every experience with us is a learning opportunity we want to share with every guest.
Total Three Month Tuition
Taxes and the following is included:
- Support, guidance, and evaluation of Geoversity’s program director
- Coordination and participation in Geoversity events, school programs, workshops, and expeditions.
- 40 backcountry guide days or 250 contact hours to complete the internship component credits needed for your college degree*
- A diverse network of professional multinational faculty
- Three meals daily
- Potable water, tea, coffee, natural drinks
- Conservation fee to support Mamoní Valley Preserve
- Hi-speed internet
- Natural stream-fed pool
- Micro-hydro electricity and solar panel generation 24/7
Geoversity sometimes has grants available to subsidize up to 50% of the cost to interns who can show past and/or ongoing leadership roles in their local communities supporting environmental and/or community initiatives.
*Based on institutional guidelines of Laurentian University. It is up to you to confirm whether this program fulfills your personal credit needs.
Each additional month extension is $1,150.